Washing Machine Outlet Box - Draining Water - Where is it coming from?

Old 10-10-07, 08:11 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Washing Machine Outlet Box - Draining Water - Where is it coming from?

The picture above is my IPS (ipscorp.com) washing machine outlet box. It sits in the wall right behind my washing machine. In the red circle is a pipe that hangs down in the box. Between 5am and 7am every morning water runs out of this pipe. I don't know where that water is coming from. I'm not sure if this is draining into a trap or where it is going... I'm concerned that something might flood. My primary concern is to understand what is causing the runoff. We have the typical water usage: showers, dishwasher, washer/dryer, toilets. It seems strange that the drainage occurs only in the early morning and so consistently.

Any ideas on what's causing the runoff - is it normal? how can it be fixed?

Regards,
Techpop - in Phoenix, AZ

Old 10-10-07, 09:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Water Softener?

Old 10-10-07, 10:31 AM
T
Originally Posted by michaelshortt
Water Softener?
Thanks Michael... I do have a water softener. That makes sense. Do you know what might be causing the excessive draining? Could it be that there is not enough salt in the system? Or is it recommended that the softener drain itself every day? I know there is a timer in the unit, but I'm not sure what the draining takes so long. Does the unit need to flush itself out everyday? I'm a newbie to water softener units.

Thanks!

Old 10-10-07, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

If it is from a water softener. get the paper work and see how it is set .----how long and when. Might reset it so you dont use as much salt or need to. That 5 to 7 everyday is to much. I have mine set for just one time a week. works just fine and we have very hard water here

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: