Single Handle Mixet Shower Valve Leaking

Old 10-31-07, 09:07 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Single Handle Mixet Shower Valve Leaking

Hello out there; Can anyone advise me on a leaking mixet shower valve? I have replaced the cartridge with a new one, and installed it correctly,I believe. The valve works fine and temperature control is fine,only problem is that it takes a lot of turning force in order to close or shut off the valve to stop the shower head from dribbling water out. I removed the valve once again, and looked inside the cartridge housing to inspect the seat, and it looks ok. Any suggestions?

THANKS

Old 11-01-07, 04:09 AM
J
Applying force to a modern shower valve usually does nothing. The parts don't work that way. What is the manufacturer?? Since you said it was a cartridge, I would guess, Moen. It usually helps to lubricate the rubber omponents with some plumbers grease before inserting the cartridge, and check the inside of the valve body for burrs or grit. Smooth with a Scothcbrite pad.

Old 11-01-07, 08:18 PM
H
Mixet Shower valve Leaking

Hello Just Bill ; I did apply silicone grease lubricant to the cartridge prior to inserting it. The cartridge is after market,but made to be a direct replacement for a "Mixet" valve. The Mixet valve co. is no longer in business,but there are many of their valves still in use. The cartridge does have a top and bottom orientation and it was installed correctly. The valve is just not providing a positive (no drip) shutoff with normal turning force applied to the valve on/off control knob. This is a single lever valve,with on/off controlled by a plastic knob in the center of the fixture and the lever handle on the outside which adjusts the water temperature.

Old 11-02-07, 04:05 AM
J
It is rare, but it is possible to get a bad replacement part.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: