re-routing gasline for stove

Old 11-05-07, 10:08 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
re-routing gasline for stove

In the process of renovating our kitchen I need to redirect the gas line from the old location of our stove to the other side of the room. My question is, in doing so I need to go thru a wall to the new location. There will be no connections made inside any of the walls and all of the pipe will be exposed but my question is do I need to create some sort of passthru (like use a small piece of PVC for the black pipe to sit in). The hole I'd be creating to do so would be at the top of the cinder block foundation and bottom ledger for the floor above and runs into my workroom. Flexpipe runs from the stove thru the floor to the exposed connection in the workroom.
OR is it possible to make the entire run (about 25 feet) using some kind of one piece flexible gas line that would be able to run inside the ceiling of the workroom (no connections or joints inside the ceiling of the workroom) up through the floor to the new location?

Old 11-06-07, 03:54 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Many localities do not allow the homeowner to do modification on gas lines. Check local code before you do anything, but I would advise you leave this to a pro.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: