poly gas pipe instalation

Old 11-10-07, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question poly gas pipe instalation

dose any one know how or what poly gas pipe looks like or any thing about it i really need some helpits gittin cold here

Old 11-10-07, 01:43 PM
A
I've only seen them use it in ground, not in a house. What are you doing with it?

Old 11-10-07, 04:36 PM
H
Polyethylene gas line is usually yellow and comes in various sizes. As stated it's for outdoor, underground use only. Also, depending on the make of the fittings you will likely need special tools a each manufacturer has different methods joining the connections.

What are you looking to do?

Old 11-10-07, 05:19 PM
im am looking to replace the gas lines from the meater to the house the inspector says they dont ues black iron any more and what kind of tools to put it togather last year we replaced the water lines through the whole house with the pex pipe and that was kinda simple so any advice web sights i really kneed to see what is instore for me if you know what i meen there is only 2 places in my and sournding citys that carry it thanks for all the advice..

Old 11-10-07, 06:31 PM
A
If you are talking about changing the gas lines in your house then you can use black iron. Most contractors use trac pipe(http://www.omegaflex.com/trac/index.asp) now but black iron is perfectly legal and the preference of some people. Trac pipe as its advantages and disadvantages. One advantage, it takes a lot less time to install it.

Old 11-10-07, 10:29 PM
P
for the line from the meter to the house you can use the poly line or steel (depending on your local codes i guess, it's legal here). the steel can be black iron that is wrapped or scotch-coated steel with wrapped joints. the poly gas line is fused together with a special and very expensive tool that you need to be trained and certified to use. there is also a direct burial trac-pipe that is fairly new. this sounds like something you might want to hire a plumber/gasfitter for.

paul

Old 11-11-07, 05:20 PM
H
Originally Posted by 1bogart1 View Post
what kind of tools to put it togather ...
You would need what's called a chamfering tool to prepare the ends of the pipe to join into the fittings.

Old 11-12-07, 04:49 PM
Any CSST pipe should have the atta-boy card that came from a factory rep for the training. Some suppliers will sell it to anyone, but others want to see the card.

Just a thought....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: