Need toilet tank for Crane toilet! URGENT!

Old 11-14-07, 08:12 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need toilet tank for Crane toilet! URGENT!

I would love your thoughts. We are hosting a bunch of kids this weekend and, wouldn't you know it, our toilet tank is broken and needs to be replaced. My husband was removing the tank to replace one of the valves and, as he unscrewed the second bolt, the tank just cracked.

Our home was built in 1998. The toilet is a Crane model but a guy at Home Depot said none of the tanks they carry would fit the Crane model (he thought). Aside from calling a local Crane dealer tomorrow, are there any tanks not made by Crane that would indeed fit a Crane round bowl toilet? What would you do?

Many thanks in advance!

Old 11-15-07, 05:28 AM
C
Received 351 Upvotes on 294 Posts
I would look for a Crane tank at a local plumbing supply house. If one isn't available other options are to replace the entire toilet.

Old 11-15-07, 08:24 AM
Unhappy Toilet Tank

Sorry, but I think you are scrxxed, with your time frame I don't think you have a chance to find a tank that will fit you existing toilet. I think the best bet is to replace the toilet, sorry again.

Old 11-15-07, 04:33 PM
A
Problem fixed!

Thanks, y'all! We called Crane today and they had a shop in town that had the exact part we needed. See our other post for our latest problem, though!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: