Nicer look for pipes ?

Old 11-18-07, 07:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 77
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nicer look for pipes ?

I'm installing a sink downstairs and was wondering about the water supply lines. I have the 2 standard hot/cold copper pipes coming out from the wall and I will install a solder 90 degree shutoff valve. My question is, is there a way to improve he looks of the copper pipe coming out of the wall to the shutoff valve. After a while the pipe will turn that brown color. Can I paint the pipe, find a sleeve, paper it. I thought I once saw a chrome pipe, how was that done ? looking for ideas. Thanks
Old 11-18-07, 12:43 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If it really stuck out and bothered you, you could always put on a estucsceon (sp) plate against the wall and after it all cools down, paint the copper pipe silver or a color that will match your walls. Quite often, there is only an inch or so protruding so it isn't that noticeable.
Old 11-18-07, 04:20 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,505
Received 351 Upvotes on 294 Posts
Another option is to solder a threaded fitting to the piping inside the wall and run a finished (chromed, buffed etc. )nipple through the wall to the stop valve.
Old 11-23-07, 03:00 PM
poorplmbr's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: long island ,new york
Posts: 318
Received 16 Upvotes on 15 Posts
See if you can obtain a Brass-Craft CS40B valve it is a valve and cover tube with an escutcheon all packaged together
Old 11-23-07, 05:56 PM
michaelshortt's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Washington State
Posts: 767
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Why would you want to use a soldered fitting, they make valves that have a crimp fitting, no soldier involved.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: