toilet and tub backing up

Old 01-05-08, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry toilet and tub backing up

I bought my ouse last may and in june our back toilet got stopped up and a plunger didn't help. We just didnt use that toilet over the weekend, so we could wait till monday to get it fixed. well over the weekend, the front toilet started bubbling, then all the water was sucke out and then black sludge started coming up out of the drain of the bathtub and, the back toilet had water coming out the base of the toilet. we called someone out the next day, they snaked the house and found nothing wrong. everything worked, so we thought, that was that. then in october, the same thing happened again. we called the city and they said nothing was wrong on their end. so we had a plumber come out again, and they said nothing was wrong again. I though that maybe, the wet wipes that I was throwing in the toilet maybe the problem, so I stopped using them, and now here aagain, in January, that same thing happened. We have no clue what is wrong and we dont have money to bewasting on a plumber for them to come out and say nothing is wrong again. does anyone have any idea what is wrong??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-08, 05:44 PM
When the plumber snaked the house, did he snake the vent pipes? These are the pipes that pass through the roof. Sometimes these get clogged and can cause problems.

Old 01-06-08, 02:47 PM
ya, he snaked the roof pipes. We don't have a clean out so, i don't know if that could be the issue.

Old 01-07-08, 04:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When the bubbling started, do you know what caused that to happen? Like was someone in the house using/draining water from something at that time?