Back to Back Sinks

Old 01-08-08, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Back to Back Sinks

I need help with the proper hookup (DWV) of back to back sinks that share a common 2x4 wall? Existing bathroom is on one side and utility room on otherside, where I want to hook up a utility sink that will share a common 2" abs drain pipe. Anybody know what the IPC or UPC is for this hookup.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-08, 03:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have a vent in the wall for the already existing sink? Does the existing sink drain have a p-trap where then the drain coming out of the trap goes horizontally into the combination vertical drain and roof vent (that is likely in between the wall)?

Old 01-08-08, 08:16 PM
Yes the batroom sink has a p-trap and is connected to drain horizontally using a san tee with vent

Old 01-09-08, 11:39 AM
You can add a sanitary tee above or below the bath sanitary tee for the utility sink drain. 2" drain pipe has plenty of DFU capacity as well as vent capacity for the application. Just get the drain and vent pipe sizes correct when you shop, theycome in all combinations.

Some jurisdictions allow use of a double inlet sanitary tee (a 4-way cross) that would place both inlets at the same height.

Old 01-09-08, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info, this jurisdiction follows 2003 IPC.
Stacking makes more sense to me since waste water entering a double sani tee could flow from one P trap to the other since they are on the same plain, unlikely but possible.

Last edited by pjl57; 01-09-08 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling