fitting question


Old 01-14-08, 07:27 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 28
fitting question

Hello all,
I'm installing a whilrpool RO system. My question is, what kind of "T" do i need to tie into the "blue" RO supply line (3/8" OD & Plastic) with the 1/4" compression (braided stainless) from the fridge icemaker?

I've only found brass compression (3/8 coupling w/ 1/4" T) fittings. Will these work with the plasic RO line?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-08, 07:37 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,041
You should not use any metal fittings on RO filtered water. If the "blue" is the outlet, you need to use plastic fittings.
Old 01-14-08, 07:54 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 28
So, what is the fitting called that allows you to tie into the 3/8 OD plastic line and has a male 1/4" compression thread to screw on the braided line to the icemaker?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes