multiple sewer line questions...

Old 01-20-08, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
multiple sewer line questions...

Okay guys, just bought a 90yr old starter home. I re did the main vent from roof to basement floor everything but the washing machine and kitchen sink drain into this aswell.
the wm and k.sink drain straight into the floor and have no vent.

Since completely connecting everything and testing for leaks There is no sewer smell comming from any of my drains. but now I can smell it comming from the 2 floor drains in the basement. Do I only need to pour water down them? and does the other drain stack need to be vented? If so can I just put one of those small vents above the trap without stinking up the joint. I really dont want to run another vent out to the roof of the house as this would be a HUGE job, where most of the rooms above have allready been remodeled and I dont really want to tear everything out again.
TIA,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-08, 06:58 PM
in addition

btw, the vent I re-did is exactly the same as before but with a 1.5' length added to two horizontal sections to keep it in a wall that I moved back

Old 01-20-08, 08:42 PM
sewer smell

Any drain that you have you want to make sure that the P trap has water in them to keep the sewer smell out. You have to find the exact spot that it is comping from and then address the problem.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 01-21-08 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Removed outside link