Dual Sink Disposal Install with G/D on Drain Side

Old 01-22-08, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dual Sink Disposal Install with G/D on Drain Side

Hello everyone. I am installing a garbage disposal on the same side as my waste drain on a dual sink. I am in California, so I can't do a 2 into 1 style plumb, it has to be one p-trap, with the other side feeding in to that, as well as a air gap on the dishwasher. So would the piping look like this:

A T out of the garbage disposal, with the left sink drain feeding in, and the bottom of the T draining to the P-trap, then to the waste drain?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-08, 09:49 AM
check this out here is a spec fo what it might look like http://www.pshomehelp.com/pics/sink_dw.jpg

Old 01-22-08, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by getin80 View Post
check this out here is a spec fo what it might look like http://www.pshomehelp.com/pics/sink_dw.jpg
Thanks for the reply, but that set up is completely opposite of mine. I guess what I am really asking is if you can run the p-trap from the garbage disposal, or if I could p-trap off the other sink, where would it need to drain in to- the disposal or the pipe coming out of the disposal?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-08, 04:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
As long as the ptrap is ahead of the waste arm going to the wall you will be ok, whether it comes from the right or left. You mainly want to stop sewer gasses from coming through to the sinks.