photobucket

Old 01-22-08, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
photobucket

Once I did as you said and gave you a clear pik from P.B. above
I went to do the same tonight and HTML has been disabled along with attachments.
1-can you tell me how to do photos now?
2-my question is hard to explain so bear with me w/o a photo.
I smell sewer like odors from my sinks when I bend over to wash my face.
Isn't it true that at some point the ventilation line behind each sink etc ties into the main drain?
It looks that way as the bottom of the vent is teed into a drain that goes to the main drain.
If that is the case is eems likely that the odor could find its way to the sinks. Isn't there something between the drain and the sinks to block odor?
Please corrct my thinking. I sure wish I had a photo for you.
If I can finfd the source of the odor maybe I can fix it.
I look forward to hearing from you so I can send photos again and try to fix that odor.
Thank you

I live in a 27 year old townhouse.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-08, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Pete, make sure you are logged in to Photobucket so the HTML codes will be activated. As far as the smell, you are correct the ptrap is there to keep sewer gasses from backing up. But, and it ain't pretty to talk about, rotting hair and other items tend to hang up on the rods and plungers on bath sinks, turn black and smell horribly. You may get some relief by pouring a weak solution of bleach in the drain, but taking it apart and cleaning it thoroughly does a better job.

Old 01-23-08, 09:46 AM
odor and html

I did log in and left the webmaster a message but I don't think webmasters et into that kind of stuff.
Is there another site where you can do the same thing. I have a Snapfish site where I canview others to see my pix but I may be weakening my security that way?
Re: the odor, I know the purpose of a p pipe but that is the problem. Where I look at the main coming out of the foundation, I see the pipe that I believe is the vent pipe. It looks like there is no "barrier between where the vent enters the main and the sinks. So I guess what I am saying is the vent runs behind each sink and both to the roof and to the main only being interrupted by the p pipes. I have tried clorox to no avail.
It sounds like I need to upgrade the p pipes b/c the nut to the stub is no longer made. I had to cement adapters when I did the garbage disposal. I have taken aprt the pop up valves and cleand the spots where hair catches.
I 'm to chatty today. Try the Photobucket site and see if HTML /attachments are enabled. I'm betting they are off. Perhaps they feel they want pure photography and we are using the site as an incidental extra weight.
Hope to hear from you.
Pete

Old 01-23-08, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
As far as your Photo Bucket problem it sounds as if you are not logged in.
Can't access my PB account from work to know where it is but you should see yourself logged in somewhere.

If you are referring to a porcelain bathroom sink you are likely getting an odor from the overflow vent.
At the front inside edge you should see a hole that the water overflows to if the sink is filled to much.

You should see where this empties right under where the sink plug goes and above the X shaped screen.
Take a rag and stuff it into the drain to block this outlet and pour a WEAK bleach solution down the hole.
A funnel might help with this.

If you have one a thin long brush would help clean out this passage.

Old 01-23-08, 11:05 AM
odor and HTML

HI Greg - I'm wearing a few hats these days.
Photbucket showed me as logged in but the attachments and HTML in the lower left corner were off. I am going to try one of the other options when I get a chance.
Odor - I have suspected the overflow for a while and have run a brush there and some clorox, twice. I sprayed Lysol but it remains. The sourse is solid where ever it is.

Old 01-23-08, 03:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Pete, after you browse your computer or camera for the picture and upload it, just under the picture are 4 categories. All you have to do is click on the HTML code and it is copied. I copied a pix of a climbing wall and will attach it below to see if it works. Forgot to see what size it is, so get ready.