One bad clog

Old 01-23-08, 07:14 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One bad clog

OK here is the deal. I have lived in my house for a little less then a year. Since we have moved in all drains in the house run slow. The washing machine has always backed up into the bathtub. Now the problem is that the bathtub is completely backed up. Nothing dains out of it. Also when ever I run the kitchen sink all of the water backs up in to the tub also. The toilet flushes just fine with no increase in water collected in the bathtub. There is no way I am going to try the washing machine right now! ha ha

When this complete clog 1st started I tried a plunger and that didnt work. Then I grabbed my snake and tried it but only after about 9 or 10 feet I could not get it to go any farther. I dont know if I hit the blockage and couldnt get it free or if I just hit a spot in the pipe that I could not get past. So alas i did the only other thing I could do with my limited knoweledge. Poured liquid plumber down the overflow drain in the tub and prayed. Of course that didnt help either. I am just wanting to know if there are anyother ideas that I might try before I call a plumber. Due to not having any money it will be a month or 2 before I can do so and I dont want to have to wait that long to take a shower or wash my clothes!!! haha

At some point in time I plan on just replacing all plumbing in this house due to the fact that the house itself is over 100 years old and I truely have know idea how old the pipes are them selves. That will be a major feat considering that I have no crawlspace access at all and I have no idea how deep it is. At some point I plan on cutting an access into the floor.

Any help would be great but I am prepared for the worse. I know it is sad that a clogged drain can cause such a headache.

Old 01-24-08, 06:49 PM
Get it rodded. Call a plumber, work out a payment plan, and get it done. Good luck!

Old 01-24-08, 07:53 PM
G
Go back to the spot where you start snaking? Get an idea where the snake stop it. Go under the floor and cut out a section of the drain where the snake stopped it. All the water that backed up is come to run out. Get a Sink drain cleaning machine (Ridgid K-39), and snake it. When finish, buy a PVC waste tee and a two Fernco (Rubber) coupling, and one foot of PVC pipe. Put the section back together.

Last edited by stickshift; 01-25-08 at 02:18 PM. Reason: removed quoting of entire post

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: