toilet leak?

Old 02-11-08, 04:39 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
toilet leak?

new to this forum so not sure if the post goes in here or what not.

Question: I live in Portland Oregon gets kinda cold here and my toilet dripping water from the bottom of the tank ( were the water is held) and i have to keep mopping the floor but the drops com back. is there a way to fix this moisture drip , leak ? any help would be nice..

Last edited by DIYaddict; 02-11-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Title spelling corrected
Old 02-11-08, 05:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the forums! First you will have to determine where the leak is coming from, exactly. There are two (possibly 3 depending on make) brass bolts that go through the tank and exit out the bottom of the flange on the bowl that seal the tank and hold it down to the flange. This is the most susceptible area. Another area is the fill valve, where the hose goes from the wall into the bottom of the tank. A third area is the main tank-to-bowl seal, which would require the removal of the tank to replace it. Let's turn the water off at the wall and flush the toilet. This will get rid of most of the water. Stick a standard screwdriver into the screwhead inside the tank and see if you can turn it. If so, you will need to tighten the nut under the bowl flange while holding the screw head. Hopefully this will solve it. Let us know how it goes with that adjustment. HOw old is the toilet?

Old 02-11-08, 05:32 PM
S
No i dont think its has anything to do with that , i will give it a try though. The toilet sweats and drips and its maybe 7 years old maybe younger

Old 02-11-08, 07:44 PM
G
Use some thin styrofoam to insulate the inside of the tank, or buy the kit. Lowes sale a kit to insulate tanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: