Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Plumbing and Piping
Reload this Page >

Need to install toilet drain in Slab - how to find the runs under the concrete ?

Need to install toilet drain in Slab - how to find the runs under the concrete ?

Old 02-25-08, 06:39 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Evening all,my house was built in 2003, now im looking to put in a bathroom in the basement. I have two soil stacks on the right and left walls and i have a cleanout in the slab a few inches away from the back wall that faces the back, I suspect there is a backwater valve just after the clean out.

So Im trying to locate the stacks under the slab. What is the best way to determine the route and location of the drains ?

I dont want to bust up more concrete than I have to...

Old 02-25-08, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It might be easier to have someone come out and use a locater. They can spray the cement with marker and you can go from there. Good Luck!

Old 02-28-08, 02:47 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I had the same issue with my last basement remodel.... wanted another bathroom but didn't know where the lines ran... though I did have a couple of stacks running down the walls into the floors.....

Simplest/cheapest way is to configure your new bathroom close to one of those stacks.... That way you can bust out around the downpipe and see for yourself which way it goes.... - and finish cutting from there....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: