Drain pipe question

Old 02-28-08, 05:26 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drain pipe question

Hi,
I'm replacing my old bathroom vanity with a new vanity. The old vanity was a cabinet style with the drainage pipe hidden in the cabinet and the new vanity is open with a vessel sink, so the drainage pipe will be exposed.
Can I get something to connect a pvc pipe to a chrome pipe?

My main issue is the old drainage pipe is about 6 inches too low. Does anyone know what I could do to raise the pipe?
I thought about the following way in this picture , but was wondering if it is to code in Canada.

thanks

Old 02-28-08, 06:18 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your picture is not displaying ... (edited) OK, now it is.

Old 03-01-08, 05:35 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you run it that way, you have just eliminated your vent. You have to keep it at the same level, or open the wall, and raise the waste.

Old 03-02-08, 06:36 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
I've never seen or tried something like this before... but... it probably will work. I'd be concerned of the pedestal sink being pushed too far away from the wall due to the elbows required. Are you sure you want to raise the trap arm (pipe) versus leaving the trap lower and just using a tail piece extension? (The tail piece is the drain from the sink before it goes into the P Trap). I assume you don't want to do that because it will look like it's too low.

The best answer would be to open up the wall, cut out the sanitary tee, and move it up using either PVC repair couplings or Fernco couplers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: