Wet Bar in basement

Old 03-04-08, 10:22 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wet Bar in basement

I have a basement that I am in the process of finishing. We have a full bathroom already installed and a wet bar rough in installed. I want to finish the wet bar with sink and dishwasher. The wet bar is about 58' from the ejector pit. I have been told the distance is a problem by one plumber and I need to install an additonal ejector pump under the bar area, and another plumbing company told me my setup was fine. Who is correct?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-04-08, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
May or may not work. If my math is correct you'll need 14.5" of drop in the total run (1/4" per foot). Can you get that much ?

Old 03-04-08, 12:49 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
re:

That seems like a lot. It was roughed in back when the house was built 2 years ago, so I am assuming they did it properly and up to code. IS there anyway to check?

Old 03-05-08, 05:17 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Yes there is but since I'm not a plumber by trade I'm going to move this thread to the plumbing forum where you can get profesional opinions on your project. The plumbers I work with just stick a level on the pipe and can tell. I've never questioned how since I'm in HVAC and have no real desire to get into plumbing.

Old 03-05-08, 01:52 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 433 Upvotes on 385 Posts
As long as you can get your 1/4" (or so) drop on the pipe, you should be fine. Even 1/8" is sometimes acceptable. You might end up with problems if you use a disposal on that sink (although you likely wouldn't). Since it will be primarily liquid going down the pipe, there's no reason for it to back up.

Make sure that you have one or two clean outs on the pipe though, just in case.

I see no real problem with your plan.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: