Washing Machine Box Installation

Old 03-08-08, 05:10 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Washing Machine Box Installation

I am in the process of relocating my laundry room, and had a question with regards to installation of the washing machine box. Beside following the local codes for height off the floor is there any recommendation on where the box should be installed relative to where the washer is going to sit (left or right of the washer)? Does off setting the box slightly help with the overall washer installation process (mainly attaching the drain hose)?

Thanks for your help!
Steve

Old 03-08-08, 07:02 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If it helps, here is a diagram of what I plan on doing. After extensive reading on the forum, I belive this is correct. If you see an error, or an recommendation, please let me know. Thanks for all the great hlep.

Old 03-08-08, 08:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
You can offset the box from the washer if you like, but they are usually set behind the washer, mainly to hide them from sight. One tip, rather than using the double faucet type box, look for one with a single lever mixing valve. It is easier to turn off after each use and prevent possible water damage between washing times. Make sure the box isn't out of reach of the drain hose.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: