Under-sink ejector VS. jackhammer to existing bathroom ejector

Old 03-13-08, 10:51 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Under-sink ejector VS. jackhammer to existing bathroom ejector

I am finishing my basement and addiding a full bath and also a wet-bar sink. The full bath is roughed-in and connected to an adjacent ejector pump; no issues here.

The wet-bar sink will be 20 feet away in another room. I am leaning on installing an under-sink ejector for this instead of tearing up the concrete floor and running a drain to the bathroom ejector. If I tore up the concrete, th path to the bathroom ejector goes under structural 2x6 framing so I would also have to deal with that.

What are some experienced opinions about this, or are there other things I should consider? I was thinking I could just connect the discharge of the pump to the main 4" drain for that house which is close by, and connect the vent to the bathroom stack.
How well do the under-sink pump systems work? I don't see a tremdous amount of information about them on the web.

Thanks for any info and let me know if you need more examples.

plex4r

Old 03-13-08, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
They seem to work well if installed correctly. Use at a minimum and you should be ok. They can be a pain to service, and make a mess if the pump goes out. And they can be noisy. Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: