Code Requirements fro Exterior Faucet

Old 04-02-08, 12:55 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Code Requirements fro Exterior Faucet

I'm about to reinstall hardiplank on the front of the house and during the install I'll need to reinstall the outdoor faucet. Suprisingly, the pipe came through the front wall on the first floor and took a quick 90 degree turn down the stud wall and into the basement. For this reason I can't even use a 4" freeze proof faucet unless I move the piping to where it enters directly into the basement from outside. Does anyone know if there are code requirements that set limits on the height of the exterior faucet from grade or the top of the foundation wall? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 04-02-08, 02:51 PM
None that I can think of...a lot on placing a hose bib depends on the homeowner. Sometimes you have to make due. If it comes thru the wall, how high would it be if it came thru at that elevation?

Old 04-02-08, 07:01 PM
G
The hose bibb was located 26" from the top of the foundation wall, which in turn placed it about 16" up into the wall on the first floor (with no access panels). The grade is located about 8" from the top of the foundation wall. Placing the faucet to where it comes through the basement will place it in a location that would seem too low visually. However, I'm not too keen on the idea of the pipe possibly freezing and bursting in the wall if I just reattach a hose bibb directly to the copper piping.

Old 04-05-08, 08:41 AM
This is one part of coding that isn't addressed.

I did a quick review of some parts and found hose connectors, but this is part of standpipes which falls under sprinkler systems - fire fighting type not irrigation. Absolutely does not apply.

Only other reference was ANSI coding for the manufacturing of the hose bibb, sillc*ck, wall hydrant.

So, common sense will prevail. I'd make it handy from the usage point of view.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: