Low water pressure in laundy room

Old 04-09-08, 07:00 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Low water pressure in laundy room

My cold water pressure is low in my laundry room.I unhooked hose from washer turned valve on still low.Water pressure fine in other rooms.Do have well.Any ideals?

Old 04-09-08, 12:37 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Are you confusing pressure with flow? Do you really mean that the flow is weak and it takes too long to fill the washing machine?

Did you disconnect the hose at the machine and then check the flow through the hose, or did you disconnect the hose from the faucet and check the flow from the faucet?

If you disconnected the hose from the machine, please disconnect it from the faucet and check the hasher in the hose. Washing machine hoses often have strainers built into the hose washer and this may have become clogged with dirt particles.

There is also the possibility that the hose has become internally damaged and is restricting the flow.

Old 04-09-08, 01:14 PM
M
Originally Posted by furd
Are you confusing pressure with flow? Do you really mean that the flow is weak and it takes too long to fill the washing machine?

Did you disconnect the hose at the machine and then check the flow through the hose, or did you disconnect the hose from the faucet and check the flow from the faucet?

If you disconnected the hose from the machine, please disconnect it from the faucet and check the hasher in the hose. Washing machine hoses often have strainers built into the hose washer and this may have become clogged with dirt particles.

There is also the possibility that the hose has become internally damaged and is restricting the flow.
Disconnected hose from faucet and checked flow from faucets.flow is slow.Not much pressure.

Old 04-09-08, 04:53 PM
F
Okay, lousy flow and pressure from the cold faucet. How about the flow and pressure from the hot faucet?

Where is your laundry located in the house? What are the on and off settings for your well pump? What kind of piping (copper, plastic or steel) do you have serving the laundry faucets?

Old 04-09-08, 05:16 PM
M
Hot water good.Plastic pipe to faucet.Live in mobile home.Checked a faucet under house (one before main valve) water pressure was good.

Old 04-09-08, 05:21 PM
F
It is most likely then something with the faucet itself. May be a bad washer or something stuck in the pipe itself.

Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: