master bath layout

Old 05-03-08, 02:44 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
master bath layout

does this look ok? note the short wet vent distance for shower in pic 2. i dont know if this is legal. i'm under IRC. i'm open to any suggestions/advice.

pic 1....

note 1:
this is currently a 4" stack with a cleanout one floor down at basement. it currently ends a foot off basement floor.
i propose necking it down to 3" from there up. i plan to tie the toilet and tub into this 3" soil stack with a 3x3x3x2 sanitary tee with side inlet. it will then continue through roof as a vent.

note 2:
2" drain for shower and lav. goes into basement(see pic 2)and continues up as a vent

pic 2....

Old 05-03-08, 05:58 PM
Hi, and welcome to DIY

I need a little more info to help you out.

Is this a new bath on the second floor?
How old is the house?
Is there a bath already on the first floor?
Is the 4" stack already a vent for the first floor plumbing fixtures?

I do see some things that may need some tweaking. Mark

Old 05-04-08, 05:43 AM
I
Originally Posted by plumbingods
Hi, and welcome to DIY

I need a little more info to help you out.

Is this a new bath on the second floor? yes
How old is the house? new,under construction
Is there a bath already on the first floor? no
Is the 4" stack already a vent for the first floor plumbing fixtures? no. it's there for this new bath only

I do see some things that may need some tweaking. Mark

answers above.

i was thinking about it last night and i think all i have to do is drop the lav line below the shower before it attaches to the verticle and nothing is wet vented. i dont know what i was thinking.

also i for got to mention i intend all pipes to be 2" (except the main soil stack and toilet which will be 3") is that acceptable? does the lav drain have to be 1.5 instead?

along those same thoughts. the 4" stub at the basement floor is 4". i assume i can just neck it down to 3" right there?

Old 05-11-08, 05:56 AM
I
somebody talk to me

Old 05-11-08, 09:18 AM
S
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iambuzzard
answers above.

i was thinking about it last night and i think all i have to do is drop the lav line below the shower before it attaches to the verticle and nothing is wet vented. i dont know what i was thinking.

also i for got to mention i intend all pipes to be 2" (except the main soil stack and toilet which will be 3") is that acceptable? does the lav drain have to be 1.5 instead?

along those same thoughts. the 4" stub at the basement floor is 4". i assume i can just neck it down to 3" right there?
1. The 3"x3"x3"x2" cross is no good for the toilet and tub. Stack a 3"x3"x3" for the toilet and on top of that install a 3"x3"x1-1/2" for the tub.

2. Oversize is NOT better so forget the 2" everywhere idea. Drains work with a swirl action which makes them self cleaning so run 1-1/2" over to the tub.

3. Ream the inside of your pipe and do not go crazy with the glue.

4. Your lavy, with a 1-1/4" trap can't pull the 2" trap under the shower so I would not worry about that wet vent scenario. Again, no 2" pipe to that lavy, 1-1/2" is plenty and 1-1/2" will swirl with a full sink dump.

Have fun.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: