Dripping tub faucet

Old 05-26-08, 11:10 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dripping tub faucet

My tub faucet drips about once a second through the spout. Is there something in the knob I can tighten or something? It's a one-knob control with shower. Thank you!

Old 05-26-08, 12:55 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately, most tub/shower valves usually need to be repaired from inside the faucet if it is dripping. My questions are, Is it a tub only faucet? Does it drip constantly or just for a while after using the shower? If it is dripping constantly you will need to take apert the valve, after shutting off the water to the tub, and then replace either some seats, or a cartridge. Depending on the brand and how old it is, you may be able to get the part mailed to you for free.

So the answer to your question is, no, you cannot stop a leak at the tub spout by just tightening something at the faucet.
If it only happens occasionally, you may just have a diverter problem. But I guess we need more info.

Old 05-26-08, 04:48 PM
C
The drip slowed considerably over a few hours time. Couldn't see a brand name on it. I will tear into it soon. Right now we're remodeling the other bathroom and all three of us are using the one that's dripping now. Maybe the increased use has something to do with it?? Only my son uses it usually. Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-26-08, 08:28 PM
J
When you are finished using fixture--pull up the diverter
( for shower ) if water drains out of unit- your diverter
is getting tired. My main bathroom is doing that-after I drain water from diverter, the dripping stops in about 5 minutes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: