Poor Water Pressure From One Hot Water Tap??

Old 05-28-08, 01:50 AM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Poor Water Pressure From One Hot Water Tap??

Guys,

I have recently purchased a house and fumbled my way through most problems but have found myself stumped on the above?? Only one tap in my household has poor pressure?? It is in the kitchen on the ground floor and is the hot water, very inconvinient !! Has anyone any usefull ideas they could forward to get me out of this situ??

Thanks

Brett

Old 05-28-08, 06:54 AM
is there a shut off under the sink?
if so turn that off and see if the water runs well from there.
if good pull the facet and check for lime/crud build up in the works.
if not you probably have lime or rust deposits in the hot line running to that sink.

or does that sink have a on demand heater under it? they only work with a certain flow rate and may have a flow restrictor on the line.

if we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Old 05-28-08, 06:15 PM
Usually you need to find where the problem is from.

I would say it is either in the kitchen sink faucet or the shut off leading to the sink. Either under the sink or in the basement.
First you will want to make sure the shut off leading to the sink is fully opened. If a ball type valve, make sure the handle is going the same direction as the pipe. If it is a wheel type valve, turn the handle in a counter clockwise direction. If it does not move try to close it some then try to open it.

If after you have checked the shut off, you still have poor pressure at the faucet, I would dis assemble the faucet. Holding a cup over the faucet body so you wont make a mess, turn on the shut off valve on & off a few times, and see how the water comes out like that. If it works fine, the problem is in the faucet guts you removed before doing this test.

Lets start there and let me know what happens.

Old 05-30-08, 12:14 PM
Y
Thankyou for your valued response, i am back home tomorrow and will try your advise.

Brett

Old 05-30-08, 02:40 PM
Also, don't forget to check the aerator (screen) on the faucet spout. It may be plugged and need cleaning or replacement. I may be more noticeable on the hot side if the hot pressure is a little less throughout the house.

Old 06-01-08, 04:28 AM
Y
Hey guys, its all good! I took apart the faucet and found loads of buildup within it. I removed and all is well and the pressure is good. Thankyou for your help/advise. You have saved me a call out. Thanks Again!!

Brett

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: