Graywater drain clog?

Old 02-17-00, 05:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Kitchen and bath sinks serve to make bathtub an aquarium! Snaked thru overflow of tub up to 12 or 15 ft. and it is clear to that length. Toilet (septic) however is NO PROBLEM.
Next step - any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-00, 10:12 PM
Visiting Guest
WHICH FIXTURES ARE STILL NOT DRAINING ?

Old 02-18-00, 04:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Toilet drains OK (is on septic). Nothing else in house drains . . .water rises up into bathtub and holds there . . . a gallon will take about 3 days to disappear.

Old 02-18-00, 07:27 PM
Visiting Guest
IS THE GREY WATER WASTE ON A DRY WELL ?

HAVE YOU GONE ON THE ROOF AND DROPPED A PENNEY DOWN THE VENT STACK SERVING THE KITCHEN SINK OR WASHING MACHINE ?
IF YOU HEAR A SPLASH THERES YOUR PROBLEM.
YOU PROBOBLY DIDNT RUN THE CABLE FAR ENOUGH THE 1ST TIME,YOU NEED AT LEAST A 3/8 CABLE FOR THIS KIND OF STOPPAGE,MAYBE EVEN A 1/2
CABLE IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE REALLY TOUGH.

Old 02-18-00, 10:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

this is a summer home (on a slab) and I don't know underground layout or outlets. I am assuming grey water goes to drywell &/or distribution field separate from septic. Only have one vent that I know of in roof over toilet - 15ft of snake seemed clear - heard no water

Old 02-20-00, 08:29 PM
Visiting Guest
IF IT IS ON A DRYWELL I WOULD LOCATE AND SERVICE. COULD BE A PROBLEM THERE ?
ITS THE NEXT BEST STEP,A SEPTIC TANK COMPANY
CAN DO THIS JOB.

ALSO THE 15 FEET OF CABLE, ARE YOU RUNNING IT FROM THE ROOF ? AND IF SO IS IT 15 FEET OR GREATER FROM THE TOP OF THE STACK TO WHERE
IT PENETRATES THE SLAB ? THE HORIZONTAL PORTION OF THE DRAIN LINE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO SNAKE,THE STOPPAGE COULD BE BEFORE THE THE TOILET THERE FORE NOT EFFECTING IT.
LOOK UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK TO SEE IF YOU CAN EFFECTIVELY RUN ATLEAST 50 FEET OF 1/2
SEWER CABLE,YOU MAY NEED A PLUMBER FOR THIS.
GOOD LUCK