leaking faucets

Old 02-19-00, 03:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

My kitchen faucet has been leaking. I turned off the water, took out the screw in the handle, and removed it. Then I used a wrench to remove the silver base piece. The white plastic piece that sticks up, I also removed. In the hole that was left was a black rubber washer and a spring. I do not know how to put it back together? The bottom of the white plastic piece that sticks up has two small holes - does the spring attach to them? I tried it this way, and now, when I turned the water back ON, I cannot turn it off by way of the faucet. Help!!! PLEESE!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-00, 08:49 PM
Visiting Guest
SOUNDS LIKE A DELTA,ARE THE SPRINGS TAPERED
AND SHORT ? AND ARE THERE 2 BLACK WASHERS ?
IF SO THE LARGER END OF THE SPRING SITS DOWN INSIDE THE RECESS IN THE FAUCET BODY THEN THE WASHER FITS OVER THAT,IT IS KIND OF TRICKY

Old 02-21-00, 03:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello. Thanx for replying. The spring IS tapered, but there was only one black washer. The packages of washers I had looked nothing like this one. Today I went to K-Mart and got a package that actually has the springs and the same washers in it - I am going to try again tonight to fix it. I cannot see where the spring goes, exactly, but with the advice you gave, I probably can figure it out now. Thank you.

Old 02-21-00, 04:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

SUCCESS! Thank you SO much - your instructions were great. I felt so confident I went ahead and fixed the bathroom sink faucet, because it, too, was leaking hot water. Next, I'll tackle replacing the insides of my very antiquated toilet!

Kudos to this website - it made my day!