Please help with toilet

Old 03-04-00, 02:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I don't know what I did wrong with my toilet. For two days now it won't flush at all. When I try to flush, bubbles come out of the hole where waste leaves the toilet bowl. After about 10 minutes (it seems like) I go back into the bathroom and almost all of the water is gone out of the toilet bowl. I have tried using a plunger (bowl-shaped on end of stick) and that has not helped any. Is something stuck in the toilet? I ran water in the sink and the shower at the same time and didn't see any backing up. I know the rubber flapper needs to be replaced because it isn't letting the water fill up in that cylinder in the tank. But, I just press on that flapper and water starts filling up. Would this have any affect on the syphoning of water into the passageway that leaves the toilet bowl? I am desparate for help. I don't know if any responses to this message will reach me through email, so please email me in private also. I have used papertowels when I didn't have any toilet paper, so I don't know if this is the cause of the problem. This is embarassing for me, but I am trying.

------------------
Cheers,
Thomas Whalen
(605) 332-2457

Old 03-04-00, 04:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thomas:
A. Install new flapper (recommend Kohler). Follow directions on package.
B. Get a new plunger with popout flange on cup. Works much better for toilet bowls.
C. Like my ole pappy once told me "a toilet aint a trash can". Never put anything in one except toilet or facial tissue that dissolves easily. Paper towels aren't meant to, and NEVER put them down a toilet or you'll stop it up until it slowly dissolves. A toilet acts as its own trap, and stuff that's not supposed to go in them gets hung up easily. Good Luck! This should solve your problem.

Old 03-04-00, 10:15 PM
Visiting Guest
IF THE RUBBER FILL TUBE THAT EXTENDS OVER FROM THE BALLCOCK TO THE OVERFLOW TUBE IS NOT
RE-CONNECTED THE BOWL WILL NOT REFILL AND YOU WILL GET THE BURP YOU ARE EXPERIENCING.
IF THIS IS THE CASE BE SURE THERE IS A HUMP
IN THE FILL TUBE SO IT WILL NOT SYPHON

Old 03-05-00, 02:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Garplumco, for your help. I went and bought one of those fancy-schmanzie commode plungers. The thing looked more like a water-balloon gun, everyone seemingly gave me glances that probably didn't last longer than 24ms. I guess when anyone sees one of those things, it means "trouble" and it then becomes a "sshhh.....don't talk about it topic".....he he...but, thank you anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: