Jet pump “ejector port” question

Old 07-11-08, 07:55 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jet pump “ejector port” question

Hi everyone,

I have a new-in-box 2-year-old (can’t return it) Flotec FP4300 jet pump, and when I went to install it see that I have a problem.

I’m in rural Hawaii where we keep our rainwater in large cisterns above ground, so the water comes to the pump with a small bit of pressure already – the pump doesn’t need to suck at all.

The pump is designed for deep or shallow wells, and has two ports on the inlet side, one for suction and one for ejector.

“Ejector,” that’s a new one on me, I’ve been using and installing jet pumps for decades here and not encountered one (no one here digs wells, for the most part). Guess I shoulda looked closer when I bought it. The instructions say to NOT just plug the ejector port and only use the inlet port.

Conversion kits are pricey ($90 or so once shipped to Hawaii) and all I see is “backordered” on several websites anyway.

Question: What is the purpose of the “ejector” setup, and more to the point: What kind of workaround can I rig with this?

Sorry if this has been covered already – I did some searching and didn’t find anything.

Thanks,

- Ted

Old 07-19-08, 03:40 PM
R
You have a deep well jet pump. The injector is just the "jet". Your pump is setup for the injector to be installed a distance away from the motor and two pipes run to it. You should be able to buy an shallow well injector for it. It would mount over the two holes and have a single inlet.

Check this site
http://www.depcopump.com/datasheets/...300_manual.pdf

Old 07-19-08, 05:46 PM
V
Thank you.

I went to Home Depot, where I'd first purchased the pump, and (to my shock) they actually had the shallow-well adapter kit, for $35.

So -- problem solved.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: