clogged pipe


Old 03-15-00, 08:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have replaced pipe under bathroom sink and while looking in pipe in wall I have noticed a lot of rust. All pipes have been replaced by copper within the last 2 years. The drain has always been slow. What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-00, 12:04 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have galvanized drain pipe with typical internal scaling problem, restricting drain flow. Need to replace with PVC plastic pipe to solve it.
Old 03-15-00, 11:54 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You're talking about the drain pipe, inside the wall, that has the rust? If so, replace it with ABS (the black plastic pipe) for as far as you need to. You can convert from the ABS back to the original galvanized iron either using a threaded adapter or a neopreme coupling where the two meet.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: