Sometimes warm, seldom hot

Old 03-20-00, 11:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Hullo,
Been readin several posts/replies on here about problems with hot water in shwoers. In my apartment (building built about 1960 with 5 total units), we seldom get hot water in the shower for more than say 10 minutes. The quirky thing is that it's intermittent- starts off warm, gets cold, then comes back real nice. We have the handle turned to 100% hot (it's a little handle that spins on a single axis). Other people in the building using water, you say? well pressure is fairly constant and we've tested this at various times of day: 8am, 3pm, 10pm, 1am- doesn't matter. Now, regular faucets (sink etc) do sometimes get too hot and we have to turn on cold wate when doing dishes and the like.
Any thoughts? I live in NYC, so the landlady doesn't speak English....we've written to her asking for some resolution (turn up thermostat?) but with no success thus far. I'd like to present her with a more solid rememdy than what I can come up with w/ my little knowledge of plumbing (zero). Many thanks, to all,
-Andrew Wright

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-00, 09:59 PM
Visiting Guest
what kind of material is the building water-
piped with ?
and what is the street pressure ?

Old 03-21-00, 08:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Ummm....dunno....these I will have to check on...I can tell you that the pressure is good, don't really have a problems with that, but as for an actual reading, I don't have that figure....