Water Heater

Old 03-28-00, 02:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Since my house is not being used much. I suspect that the hot water line is kind of clogge up with the residual in the water. There is still hot water coming out but it comes out really slow. It happens to all the sinks and tubs. The cold water is working fine. I think the trouble spot is close to the water heater. Is there any way I can clean up the pipes? Please help. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-00, 06:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hook a water hose to the bib on the bottom of the tank, and let it run to flush out normal debris/deposits. Should clear up problem. Good Luck! If it doesn't, chack back.

Old 03-28-00, 07:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hi:wing

Flushing the hot water tank may help some but I doubt it. However, it's worth a try and should be done yearly anyway.

<<<My assumption here is you have badly rusted steel pipes.>>>

As a suggestion, try removing and cleaning the filter screens at all the faucets. Then also open the faucets fully and flush the lines to each.

Next, if all else fails or doesn't make enough improvement, you may also need to remove the cold and hot water lines above the hot water tank and clean and flush those lines too.

The measures I suggest may seem a bit drastic but without seeing your problem, I hope you do not have to remove the lines at the hot water tank.

Only you will know how far to go to accomplish this task.

You may even have to replace the tank if it's rusted up too much inside.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Old 03-28-00, 07:33 PM
Visiting Guest
About a year and a half ago I made a service call on something similar to this. What eventually fixed it was opening all the faucets, shutting off the main, and then reopening it. Whatever was clogging the pipes became dislodged.

Just an idea.

------------------
MTAC - Van Buren,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Anything worth cutting down a tree for, is worth doing right.
www.toolreview.cjb.net