Toilet repair

Old 03-28-00, 08:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Need to repair my own upstairs toilet, and need to know what could be causing problem. The tank will not fill after flushing. It is the type toilet that does not have the old ballcock. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-00, 08:51 AM
Cool

A. First, make sure that the refill tube is clipped to and flowing into the bowl filler tube (flap should be attached to tube).
B. If that isn't the problem, your float cup fill assembly may be clogged near the base inside the tank. Slowly and carefully twist it loose enough to flush water/debris out without totally removing it (will have bathroom fountain, if you do).
C. If these two things don't solve it, you may have to replace your float cup assembly.
Good Luck!

Old 03-28-00, 09:39 PM
Whether it has the old ballcock or not, it still has a fill valve of some sort. Either a Fluidmaster (tall, slender unit with the float that slides up and down on it) or just the little fill valve that rests at the bbottom of the tank. Either way, the fill valve probably has an obstruction in its' inlet line. I would simply replace it with a Fluidmaster. (At about $5 for a new one, it's not worth messing around trying to fix the old one, in my opinion)