Toilet Repair


Old 04-01-00, 02:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

How do you get an old closet/flange out? When we tried to remove it, it broke off at the top. Is there a specialty tool? The new flange we bought screws in, but we don't think the old one does. Are they glued/cemented in?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-00, 08:04 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Old flange is probably glued in. You will have to hacksaw off pipe, and glue on a threaded female connection to screw the new flange into. Good Luck!
Old 04-01-00, 11:45 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

What kind of pipe is the flange connected to? In the past 30 years, ABS is most common. Before that no-hub cast iron; before that, lead and okum caulked joints in cast iron. Let us know that, then you will get a better answer.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: