Shower Diverter not working

Old 04-30-00, 04:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Recently my father and I replaced the seats and washers on all the valve stems for each of the three controls (hot, cold, and shower diverter). My tub faucet no longer leaks, however when the the control is turned to divert the water to the shower only about 1/3 of the water is diverted. The rest of the water comes out of the tub faucet. I have read a few Home Repair Plumbing books and have found no reference to this problem. Can someone advise me as to how to fix this??? I greatly miss my long, hot showers.
Thanks,
Natalie

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-00, 07:19 PM
Visiting Guest
THE DIVERTER STEM HAS A FLAT PLACTIC DISK THAT SEALS AND CHANNELS THE WATER UP TO THE SHOWER HEAD, THIS WASHER MUST BE SEALING PROPERLY, CAN YOU REMOVE THE DIVERTER STEM
AND HOLD THE BODY OF THE STEM KEEPING IT STATIONARY WHILE YOU TURN THE STEM TO SEE IF THE WASKER SEALS PROPERLY. IF YOU DONOT
GET IT FIGURED OUT YOU CAN INSTALL A DIVERTER TUB SPOUT TO DO THE JOB,JUST LEAVE THE EXISTING DIVERTER IN THE NEUTRAL POSITION.

Old 04-30-00, 08:45 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
Recently my father and I replaced the seats and washers on all the valve stems for each of the three controls (hot, cold, and shower diverter). My tub faucet no longer leaks, however when the the control is turned to divert the water to the shower only about 1/3 of the water is diverted. The rest of the water comes out of the tub faucet. I have read a few Home Repair Plumbing books and have found no reference to this problem. Can someone advise me as to how to fix this??? I greatly miss my long, hot showers.
Thanks,
Natalie

If you can remove the diverter, take it to your home center and get a new one.

Problem solved.

By the Code Plumber