Moanin'about Moen in the Kitchen sink

Old 04-29-00, 10:36 AM
Visiting Guest
After replacing the Pivot retainer on my Moen One Touch Single Control Kitchen Pullout Faucet, Model 7385- I had less water flow. I have checked the Screens on the Spout removed the Spout still low flow, cleaned the screen on the Hose under the sink and now I'm down to a trickle. disconnected water connections to faucet tubin and checked shut off valves on hot and cold water inlet. Flow is excelent. Figure it is time to replace Cartridge in Faucet. I have Moen's Illustrated Parts picture and have removed the Retaining clip but It apparently does not retain the cartridge. How do I get the cartridge out? I have consider plastic explosives but believe that to be to drastic.

------------------
gnl

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-00, 02:20 PM
Visiting Guest
That clip does hold the cartridge in. They do pull out hard though. One thing I have done in the past is to use a faucett handle so I have something to grab on to and that has always worked. I think there is a puller if you need it to.

Old 04-30-00, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

They do make a cartridge puller for Moen,try your local hardware store.

------------------
Dave
L.I.Handyman

Old 05-01-00, 07:19 PM
Jacksprat
Visiting Guest
Wink

About two years ago, I called Moen to fax me a parts breakdown, half hour later Rene the Moen service guy, was ringing the bell. Replaced the entire unit. No charge. Something about Moen's lifetime warranty! Call them.