Water meter

Old 07-30-08, 07:13 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water meter

This should be an easy one. I have a few rentals and need to check behind these lame Baltimore employees occasionally to verify the accuracy of their readings. The cover have a six pointed bolt. I would guess that if I take a pair of vice grips and turn it and pull the cover would come off?

Thanks!

Chuck

Old 07-30-08, 07:44 AM
Would you like to explain a little further?
Are you talking about a meter pit? A meter?

Many municipalities use different meter brands, So it is impossible for us to help without a picture, or at least a location, or brand. I cannot see through my computer and I am not psychic

Old 07-30-08, 07:46 AM
I'm sorry, I guess the location was there. Missed it.

Old 07-30-08, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chucktkd
This should be an easy one. I have a few rentals and need to check behind these lame Baltimore employees occasionally to verify the accuracy of their readings. The cover have a six pointed bolt. I would guess that if I take a pair of vice grips and turn it and pull the cover would come off?

Thanks!

Chuck

Property owner or not, only licensed plumbers and those associated with the water department are the only ones that have granted access to those meters when outside buried in the ground.

There's a specific key needed to remove that plate and opening the meter base without permission from the powers that be could have you in big trouble with the water purveyor in your community.

If you question the readings, or they are taking "averages" to base your water consumption, ask to have them specifically come out with you in presence to see if the readings are accurate or not.

Most if not all times when it comes to rental property, plumbing in disrepair like flappers leaking on toilets or leaky faucets are to blame. Aside from that, chronic water users that don't have a care to conserve as they are not responsible for the bill.

A fellow in my community was caught opening his meter pit and was accused of manipulating his meter, even though he didn't do anything to it. It's the fact that he was doing something he wasn't allowed to do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: