Shower valve stuck ON

Old 05-12-00, 01:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

The Moen shower valve in my shower enclosure is stuck in the ON position (IN is OFF/ OUT is ON// CCW is hot/ CW is cold). Will absolutely not budge inward, to shut off. Is this a remove the packing nut/ pull and refurbish the stem issue, like the 4/22 post on "shower faucet leaking"?

This valve has two 2-1/2 or 3" long screws through the escutcheon plate just below the stem that appear to secure the valve to the wall of the shower enclosure. Loosening them doesn't seem to free up the escutcheon plate for removal. Is there a retaining ring holding the cover plate to the valve? Is there a special packing nut removal wrench for such a Moen unit?

Old 05-12-00, 09:53 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by LV2RPAIR:
The Moen shower valve in my shower enclosure is stuck in the ON position (IN is OFF/ OUT is ON// CCW is hot/ CW is cold). Will absolutely not budge inward, to shut off. Is this a remove the packing nut/ pull and refurbish the stem issue, like the 4/22 post on "shower faucet leaking"?

This valve has two 2-1/2 or 3" long screws through the escutcheon plate just below the stem that appear to secure the valve to the wall of the shower enclosure. Loosening them doesn't seem to free up the escutcheon plate for removal. Is there a retaining ring holding the cover plate to the valve? Is there a special packing nut removal wrench for such a Moen unit?
<HR>

Not a packing nut removing operation. Moen is a simple cartiage replacement.

I have a video clip on my site that will show you how to remove and install the moem cartiage.
www.atozpluming.com

There shot clips I made them my self, the one you will see is for a kitchen faucet, but it the same way for a shower valve.

Do not forget to turn the water off the house before you attempt to remove the cartiage.

Plumber2000

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: