Bathroom Faucet - shut off valve???

Old 05-16-00, 07:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Just moved into a 1950's house. One of the bathroom faucets was leaking something fierce, so I turned the shut off valve and made the the fast leak turn into a slow dribble. Now, a day or two latter, when I have time to deal w/ replacing the fixture (the old one was ugle as well as defective), I turned the shut off valve back on just to verify the water is still there, and I can't get any water at all through the faucet. There are two shut off valves, one for hot and one for cold. I'm not getting water through either one, no matter how I turn the valves and fixtures. I am getting water to the shower, and I was originally getting both hot and cold water from the faucet.

Is it the shut off valves? Is it something else? Help!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-00, 08:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by FirstTimeHomeOwner:
Just moved into a 1950's house. One of the bathroom faucets was leaking something fierce, so I turned the shut off valve and made the the fast leak turn into a slow dribble. Now, a day or two latter, when I have time to deal w/ replacing the fixture (the old one was ugle as well as defective), I turned the shut off valve back on just to verify the water is still there, and I can't get any water at all through the faucet. There are two shut off valves, one for hot and one for cold. I'm not getting water through either one, no matter how I turn the valves and fixtures. I am getting water to the shower, and I was originally getting both hot and cold water from the faucet.

Is it the shut off valves? Is it something else? Help!

Thanks!

Have you tried to clean the areator out.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com