new water service

Old 05-26-00, 07:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I recently had to repair a lind in the main water service to the house near the meter.

The house sets approximately 500' from the meter and has a 1" service.

Before covering the hole for the recent repair, the thought occured that I have a garden area about 200' from the meter that I would like to have service to a faucet.

Can I tap onto the main service with a T to run a new supply to this area?

I have service to another garden area but it comes from the service inside the house and not prior to.

Does the code allow this?
Old 05-26-00, 07:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a


By all means do so. As long as the water line is downstream of the meter <On your side> it's perfectly fine.

It's best if the intended water supply for ALL outside area's of the house come directly from the main supply line.

This will allow for a full supply to the intended area and you will not have the flowing water noise inside the house.

Word of CAUTION:
Install anti-siphon valves on ALL outside lines! This will prevent any contaminates in the gardens/yard from being drawn back into the lines went you turn them off.

Good Luck

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: