Can't turn off shower faucet

Old 05-26-00, 08:12 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have an old Valley ball-type, sigle lever shower faucet. It turns on CCW and turning it adjusts the temperature. The max water temp. has slowly deteriated and I tried to fix it. I took off the handle and started to unscrew the cap. The shower turned on in the process and I tried to turn it off by putting the handle on and turning. Eventually, whatever I turn(handle/cap) the shower will now not turn off. Did I disassemble it wrong? How far in do I need to go to fix it?

Old 05-26-00, 09:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stupid guy:
I have an old Valley ball-type, sigle lever shower faucet. It turns on CCW and turning it adjusts the temperature. The max water temp. has slowly deteriated and I tried to fix it. I took off the handle and started to unscrew the cap. The shower turned on in the process and I tried to turn it off by putting the handle on and turning. Eventually, whatever I turn(handle/cap) the shower will now not turn off. Did I disassemble it wrong? How far in do I need to go to fix it?<HR>

Before dissassembling any valve make sure you turn the water of to the source, in your case, the meter cause your working on a shower valve, then it's safe to take it apart, inside you will see rubber seat and springs replace these and things should work good after that.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: