gas to water heater

Old 05-28-00, 08:47 AM
Visiting Guest
I am in the process of replacing my hot water heater. I can't remember how I got the gas line off last time, but remember enough to know I had a hard time. I've got the waterlines off, and the tank drained, gas off, but afraid to tackle the gas line part! Any help would be appreciated, before I mangle it again.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-00, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Doriss:
I am in the process of replacing my hot water heater. I can't remember how I got the gas line off last time, but remember enough to know I had a hard time. I've got the waterlines off, and the tank drained, gas off, but afraid to tackle the gas line part! Any help would be appreciated, before I mangle it again.

Take channel locks and where it connects to the water heater grab the nut hold real tight and turn counterclockwise.

You can also take cresant wrench and a hammer to help assit in the removal.
Set wrench on nut and take hammer and hit the wrench a few times, it will loosen up.

It will seem real tight but it will come loose.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 05-28-00, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks so much. That is what I figured, but wanted to know for sure. Getting pretty gamey! Need to finish this.

Old 05-28-00, 01:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Okay, done and it is cooking away. Only thing, I had to do it exactly like last time. The nut is about 1' under the turn off and I had to unscrew about 3 or 4 little hunks of pipe to get to it--so there wasn't a way around it, but it made sense this time. Thanks for your help. Jake is going for a walk and then I should be able to shower! Amazing how much you miss little things.