Water pressure

Old 08-17-08, 11:56 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water pressure

I need some help to understand why the water pressure in my kitchen is practically nothing. I took off the filter from the faucet and that helped very slightly.

Thank you.

rac

Old 08-17-08, 01:39 PM
Well to start with, Does this only happen on the hot, cold, or both hot and cold?

Are the shut-off under the sink turned on fully?
Also look for any kinked lines under the sink.

Are you having problems with any other faucet in the house?

Sometime a faucet can be made to look like it has less water pressure than other faucets just by there design. I have gone into peoples houses and replaced a perfectly good aerator with another and the people think I am truly a god, because it looks like I increased the pressure, when in fact all that happened is the water to air mix is different so it appears different. I guess it is called "Plumbing Magic".

Old 08-17-08, 02:01 PM
R
Uh oh!

Mark - none of the cables seem to be twisted. Regarding the knobs (kinda triangular) - I turned both ways to see if pressure would increase and now I have no water at all. Please HELP!

Thank you.

rac

Old 08-17-08, 02:39 PM
Have you tried removing the aerator from the faucet spout?

When you said filter, is that what you were talking about or do you have a special water filter on the faucet?

Old 08-17-08, 07:50 PM
R
Over my head

Mark - you are so kind to try to help me. When I said filter, I mean the little filter on the end of the fauet. I played around some more with the faucet and discovered that I had water pressure when I pushed the spray button, so I am thinking that I must need a new faucet. What do you think?

Thank you again.

rac

Old 08-17-08, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by rac86
Mark - you are so kind to try to help me. When I said filter, I mean the little filter on the end of the fauet. I played around some more with the faucet and discovered that I had water pressure when I pushed the spray button, so I am thinking that I must need a new faucet. What do you think?

Thank you again.

rac
I am a little confused by what you call the "spray button". Do you mean the sprayer on the side is working but the faucet is not? If that is what you mean, there is a part in the faucet called a diverter and it sounds like it is stuck or broken. On a 2 handle fct.. it should be under the cap on the spout, and on a single handle valve, you may need to remove the spout to get to it.

Can you fell me what kind of faucet you have?

Old 08-21-08, 09:08 PM
R
Thank you

Mark - thank you so much for trying to help me figure this out - I have a single faucet with no handles and the head can be taken out to spray water. No handles - just a lever on the top that I push to turn hot and then turn right or left for hot or cold water. I don't see a brand name on it now, but I believe it might be a Delta faucet. So for right now until I can get someone to replace it for me, I am just using the spray since I can get much, much better water pressure.

Thank you again - it must be frustrating for you being so technical and me so not technical!

rac

Old 08-22-08, 06:19 AM
It almost sounds like the problem is in the spray spout. In the spout there is a diverter and there may be a problem there. Without knowing the exact faucet you have it is almost impossible for me to help you further.

If you go on Delta's web site and find your faucet, I will look at it and instruct you further in the repair

Old 08-22-08, 06:35 AM
I just went on Delta's web site and looked at their pull out spout faucets for repair, and unfortunately they do nor repair them only replace them. Call Delta support line for help.

Old 08-25-08, 09:02 PM
R
Thank you!

Mark - thank you - I appreciate all your time!

rac

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: