Low Water Pressure

Old 08-26-08, 07:06 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Low Water Pressure

I have a Price Pfister kitchen faucet (single handle one spray bar), and suddenly the water pressure out of the faucet is down to a dribbble. Shut off valves are wide open, aerator screens are clear, however if I turn the faucet on and hit the spry bar it shoots out water (never had good pressure here before), then I release the handle on spray bar and faucet pressure is great (until I release the handle and retry, then I have to do the spray bar and faucet dance again). I am not a plumber but am guessing that the faucet/spray bar diverter valve is bad, what do you experts think?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-08, 12:18 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't know what you mean by a spray BAR, but faucets with sprayers have a divertor, found on the part of the mixer underneath the spout ( a cylindrical tower). You have to remove the spout, and the divertor is pressed into that tower, maybe halfway up, and may be brass or plastic, and is about 3/8 inch? in diameter, that you will see. Then pry it out and buy another one that looks like it, and stick it in. While the spout is off, good idea to inspect 0-rings on spout to see if they are wearing flat. If so, replace, and plumbers or silicone grease lube before slipping the spout back on over that tower.

Old 08-26-08, 01:22 PM
V
water pressure

By spray bar I mean the hand sprayer that comes with some faucet assemblies. So if I understand correctly you think a defective diverter is my problem?

Old 08-27-08, 07:10 AM
E
Yes. I'd pretty much wager a bet on it. If both hot and cold are equally paltry, yet aerator is left off and/or clean. And not all other faucets is doing it in the house. Yes.

Old 08-27-08, 07:39 AM
V
low Water Pressure

Thank you, appreciate the time.

Old 08-27-08, 06:17 PM
E
Sure. No problem. It's pleasurable. I hope you are able to do it yourself and save money, if you haven't already.