Pressure Reducing Valve failure

Old 06-29-00, 08:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Water pressure in my 7 year old house suddenly increased. The pipe into the house is fitted with a PRV that has isolation valves both up and down stream, and a drain plug. The model number on the valve is "BCT 85E" manufacturer unknown.

I assume the valve has failed, is there any use trying to adjust it? Can anyone advise where I can get replacement / repair parts, I live in NE Philladelphia, PA. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of before attempting a DIY repair.

Old 06-29-00, 09:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by lylesgold:
Water pressure in my 7 year old house suddenly increased. The pipe into the house is fitted with a PRV that has isolation valves both up and down stream, and a drain plug. The model number on the valve is "BCT 85E" manufacturer unknown.

I assume the valve has failed, is there any use trying to adjust it? Can anyone advise where I can get replacement / repair parts, I live in NE Philladelphia, PA. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of before attempting a DIY repair.
<HR>

If you can remove it take it to home depot and get a new one, they can match it up with one you have.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: