plumbing problem

Old 07-11-00, 10:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I have two bathrooms back to back sharing one wall where all the plumbing (water lines) go, anyways one of those water lines are leaking. I think assume it's the one going to the shower head because that's the only time the water leaks into our garage directly below these bathrooms. Both bathrooms are ceramic tile. I will need to cut an access hole into the tile to get at the water lines. Can any one suggest the best way to go about this. I would like to replace the tile I cut out with an access panel, but the panel will have to be in the shower and I'm afraid this will cause problems. Do you know if they make water proof access panels that I can put in this shower. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Paul Even

Old 07-11-00, 10:52 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the only time it leaks is when you are using the shower, it could be the shower drain -- not a water line. I would cut a hole in the garage ceiling and check this out first before I tore into walls, especially walls with ceramic tile, inside a shower. Besides, opening up the garage ceiling will give you a good chance of finding out EXACTLY where the leak is. Just make sure you use 5/8" Type "X" sheetrock to repair the garage ceiling. That is a firewall!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: