black mildew/fungus

Old 09-16-08, 03:26 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
black mildew/fungus

for the last 6 months i have been getting a 'black' mildew/fungus??? ring in the sink and in the toilet and on the bottom of the toilet sink...this is the main bathroom. i have no problems with the bathroom in the basement...i have been cleaning the problem with bleach and in a week the same problem returns...HELP...please...

Old 09-16-08, 06:17 PM
B
Check the inside of your toilet tank you may have a growth there that is eventually building up inside the bowl. Or possibly your flapper valve, if it is black rubber, is deteriorating and it is rubber goo from it. If the flapper feels slimy or gooey then replace it since it may also be leaking.
The sink may be a similar problem if the o-rings in the faucet valves are deteriorating. The rubber (or other types of seals) are rapidly deteriorated by chlorine/ammonia combination used by the local utility as a disinfectant.
Gene

Old 09-17-08, 09:04 AM
C
black mildew/mold/fungus

thanks for the 'come-back'...the bad news is that i replaced the flapper twice and the o rings are new...oh well,back to the drawing board...again i say, THANK YOU...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: