Quick Natural Gas question....

Old 09-21-08, 03:58 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Quick Natural Gas question....

Hi, 1st post here at DIY.. so before i start please no, "Call the GAS Co." comments please... I've been searching for hours and seen enough!

My situation... I havent paid my Bill, say about 2 months now... so needless to say, Gas guy comes and shuts off my meter... now i've been in this situation before... but this time the guy doesnt put a lock on the meter... so he just closed the valve. so itake notice of the mishap and say hmm, a pair of big channel locks and i should be set...

I open the valve, go upstairs and nothing.. so i search.. so after a few threads i read. i try a few more things. like disconnect the gas line from the stove, water heater, etc. and just leave the valves open. did that to "bleed" the lines and i get a small hint of a gas smell then it goes away.. numerous times this happens. so i search again.. found another thread saying to use my gas dryer to bleed the air and i still have nothing.

just for your peace of mind, i have 2 465cfm blowers removing any excess gas from the house.. so i'm not going to blow anything up...

so i go check the meter itself to look for a check valve maybe the guy installed.. i see no physical evidence of any wrenches around the old rusty bolts.. nothing... i will take pics if you need be..

So what am i doing wrong..? ( i know not paying my bill 1st of all) but i know this isnt rocket science damn it.. not saying everyone should try this but i'm not scared.. Can someone help me? Do i undo a couple of the square 1/2in plugs i see throughout the house to let the air escape and help ease the natural gas through the lines..? remember i smell gas when i open the valve at the meter but goes away within a min.. or do i have a broken meter perhaps?

TIA :mask:

Old 09-21-08, 04:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! However, you will find we don't give advice on unlawful matters. What you want to do is obtain gas service without paying for it. Not here. Not ever. Pay your bill and have them do a reconnect.

Old 09-21-08, 04:19 AM
V
wonderful... i guess i should of read the forum rules and regulations.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 09-21-08 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Removed comment
Old 09-21-08, 04:41 AM
H
Not to sound rude but if this is not the first time you had your gas shut off you don't deserve help.

It's people like you that put people like us out of business!

Old 09-21-08, 05:00 AM
V
well since i'm dealing with the gas company of good ole Los Angeles city.. Who actually thinks i should pay them for not shutting off my service at my prior address for over a entire year.. i think i'm due some credit.

10million people live here and the gas company is the only provider...

Old 09-21-08, 07:02 AM
C
Received 351 Upvotes on 294 Posts
While you're dicking around trying to figure out how to steal from a utility I'll relay something that happened here (Norwich, CT) a couple of weeks ago.

The entire back end of a house was blown off by a gas explosion. Fortunately no one was home so no one was injured.

The fire marshal's investigation revealed that someone had stolen copper piping from the home apparently including some gas lines. When the furnace came on - boom.

Old 09-21-08, 07:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You would also be risking a very large fine, because they WILL find out you are STEALING!

Thread closed.

Another thread like this =

Old 09-21-08, 10:41 AM
It is *******s oops, people like you that have just caused us heating techs to spend hundreds of dollars and many hours of my time to satisfy the requirements of the NEW gas licenses required by the state.
5 of them !!!

I do not think it is the best interest of anyone here to reply to your post or PM you with a reply. Please take your illegal and highly unsafe activities to some other web site.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: