frost proof spigot

Old 09-23-08, 07:27 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
frost proof spigot

I had a couple of frostproof water spigots installed about 3 months ago. I never really paid to much attention to them as far as installation until just the other day. These spigots look like they do not have a downward pitch for the excess water to run out when I close them. Instead of making a big deal about the situation, would it be ok to somehow vaccuum out the excess water before the winter months? I don't want to turn them back on in the spring to find out I have a busted spigot. Any info. would be great. Thanks.

Old 09-23-08, 07:35 PM
Are they laying flat or pitched backwards?

If they are pitched backwards, they need to be corrected.

If flat and level...they'll be okay in regards to freezing.

Shimming those up a small amount if there is play in those lines can accomplish getting the proper pitch.

I always install them with a substantial pitch so they properly head downwards.

Old 09-23-08, 07:49 PM
L
I have 2 spigots. the one in the front does not sit completely flat against the wall. When I turn this spigot off and remove the hose, there is little excess water that trickles out, it just seems like more should come out. The one in back looks straight, but no excess water after I close the valve. Maybe I just need know how these valves work. I just thought maybe, to be on the safe side, I could put a small tube at the opening of the spigot and vaccuum to retreive maybe standing water in the line. Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: