Plumbing

Old 08-08-00, 11:28 AM
Visiting Guest
I am having trouble getting water out of my pipe to sorder joints together. You had made a remark about putting white bread in the line to keep the water back. I don't understand what happens to the bread when you seal the pipes together. Does the bread disolve? This is an outside faucet I am repairing.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-00, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes bread will desolve, and since you working on an outside hose bibb then when you get the water back on just turn the bibb on and it should blow out of the line.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 08-08-00, 11:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

What if the line is indoors, and you cannot blow it out? For example, I had to cap off some 1/2 inch copper supply lines before moving some fixtures. Although I tried to drain the line, some residual water remained, and it was h?ll to solder. Do I need to force air through that line to purge it of water before soldering?

Old 08-09-00, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can try air, or if there is any low end faucet turn them on like outside bibbs, I have even disconnected to house side meter connection, this made a for sure low spot in the water system for the water to flow to, leaving the pipe with no water to interfer with my soldering.

Tricks of the trade.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com