Move Rough-In?

Old 08-06-00, 03:05 AM
Visiting Guest
I would like to expand my basement bathroom. How difficult/possible is it to re-arrange the rough-in? Would like to move the tub rough-in about 10 feet away, then place toilet rough-in where original tub rough-in was placed. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-06-00, 11:20 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face

Tubs work off a 2" drain and toilets work off a 4" drain. Unfortunately, you'll have to completely re-work the drains to make it work properly.

I'll send this over to plumbing unless I'm wrong.

Ted

Old 08-06-00, 11:25 AM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Give us some information to work with. Is this bathroom on a slab or a wood floor? Is the existing drain system cast iron or ABS? Is the existing water system galvanized, copper, or plastic? The answers to these questions will determine how big of a project you are talking about. Let us know.

Old 08-10-00, 09:48 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by lefty:
Give us some information to work with. Is this bathroom on a slab or a wood floor? Is the existing drain system cast iron or ABS? Is the existing water system galvanized, copper, or plastic? The answers to these questions will determine how big of a project you are talking about. Let us know. <HR>

This home was built in 2000. The bathroom is on a slab, however I do not know what drain system or water system is in place. Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-10-00, 10:20 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This is a major project. All of the drain lines are under the slab. You would have to tear out the slab to get to them to move them. Once the concrete is out of the way, the plumbing itself would be fairly easy to rearrange. Since the house was built this year, the drains are almost certainly ABS. Since this is in the basement, is the house on a hill and relying on gravity for the basement waste lines, or is there a sewage pump involved? If you aren't sure, ask the contractor who built it, or check with the bldg. dept. that did the inspections.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by lefty:
Give us some information to work with. Is this bathroom on a slab or a wood floor? Is the existing drain system cast iron or ABS? Is the existing water system galvanized, copper, or plastic? The answers to these questions will determine how big of a project you are talking about. Let us know. <HR>

This home was built in 2000. The bathroom is on a slab, however I do not know what drain system or water system is in place. Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: